Happy Monday!

Happy Monday and welcome to week 2 🙂

Our virtue this week is Responsibility. Please consider this virtue all year long as it will be a key factor to your success.

Today we have Gym, the computer lab, and a continuation of our Mathematics core concepts review.

So far you should have the following things completed:

• initial art – your initial with images that tell me about you, your interests, likes and/or dislikes
  • letter to future me draft (you will have the middle block to complete this today)
  • cursive writing bellwork package
  • addition bellwork package
  • subtraction bellwork page
  • Mathtionary notes on place value
  • place value – whole and decimals – package
  • Mathtionary cover page (make sure you have left 2 pages of lined paper behind this but before our first note for your table of contents)
  • map of Canada’s provinces, territories, capital cities, and capital of Canada (listed, labelled and coloured neatly) * this is your study tool as there will be a quiz on this — it’s a little difficult to dive into our unit on Population Distribution if you have forgotten the geography of Canada 🙂

Tuesday: we are leaving for Leadership Camp. Make sure you check the weather for the week and pack accordingly (I believe they are, at least for now, calling for some rain on Wednesday and cool nights — lows of 6 degrees)

Wednesday morning we will have sunrise ceremonies so make sure you’ve had a good sleep as it will be an  early morning.

Thursday: all day at camp — No I don’t know what we will be doing until the camp councillors tell us 😉

Friday: we are at camp until after lunch, then we will be returning for a ‘graduation’ ceremony and feast. Your family members are most welcome to attend.

Spelling program will begin next week.